We aren't the oldest or first on the block, but have been continously involved in Fatbike racing since 2011. New for us is a long distance fatbike race. We hope you find this to be a challenge.
The course will follow the 17 mile groomed Big M Fatbike Loop maintained by The Shoreline Cycing Club. There will be 2 aid stations approximately at the 1/3 mark of the course and the 2/3 mark of the course. Be prepared for weather and course conditions. It could be a 2 hour lap or a 4 hour (or more) lap depending on the snow conditions. Course details and aid station details will update in the future. Racer Updates will be by email and in the Event Notes.
Winter Rush at Big M is the 3rd race of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series. Series points will be scored in Solo Men, Solo Men Master 45+, and Solo Women. These racers are in for 2 laps or 34 miles. The top 5 finishers of each Solo category will receive a combination of race entries to future races and gift cards from sponsors. And for the not as serious racer we have the Adventurous category for men and women. We will have prizes for random feats of fatbiking, but more importantly, a custom Winter Rush patch will be awarded for completing 1 lap. A second custom Winter Rush patch will be awarded for completing a 2nd lap by 6pm.
- Minimum racing age for all categories is 14 as of December 31, 2018
- No license is required to race
- A parent or quardian must sign an onsite waiver for all racers under the age of 17
- A minimum tire width of 3.7"
- Racers starting a second lap after 2pm MUST have a headlight and taillight.
- We reserve the option to pull racers that appear to be in danger to themselves or do not possess required equipment. The main criteria for this decision will be based on daylight and weather.
- No refunds
As we get closer to race day we will announce times for the awards ceremony. Post race shenigans will be at the Big M lodge. Outside the lodge we will have a fire going and an open bbq area. So BYOB and grill your own food or meals can be purchased at registration. (someday Devin will be a well known chef, in the meantime he is sous chef at the Sovengard in Grand Rapids and helps us out at events with fantastic house made food.)
Not up for the race? Give back to the race community and help out. Volunteers will receive a Winter Rush shirt and a meal.